Today, thanks to the advances of technology have made, you can brew coffees in many different ways. However, one of the most classic ways of making coffee to date is using a drip coffee maker. There’s a reason why such a coffee machine is preferred by many; it brews a strong cup of coffee, that too in a large quantity.
Here are our top picks for the best drip coffee makers:
- Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 (OUR TOP PICK)
- Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart DCC-3200P1
- Cuisinart DGB-700BC
- BUNN BT Velocity Brew Thermal Carafe
Following are 20 of the best drip coffee makers that guarantee deliciously brewed coffee! With our coffee maker reviews, you can surely pick out one best suited for you.
- 1. Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 (OUR TOP PICK)
- 2. Hamilton Beach 48464 Coffee Maker
- 3. Brew Express Countertop Coffee System
- 4. OXO BREW Coffee Maker
- 5. Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Coffee Maker
- 6. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System
- 7. Technivorm Moccamaster 79112
- 8. Cuisinart DGB-900BC
- 9. Breville BDC450
- 10. Zojirushi Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
- 11. Technivorm Moccamaster 79114
- 12. BUNN NHS Velocity Home Coffee Brewer
- 13. Hamilton Beach 49980A
- 14. BUNN BT Velocity Brew Thermal Carafe
- 15. Mr. Coffee Switch Coffee Maker
- 16. Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer
- 17. KitchenAid 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- 18. Coffee Programmable Coffee Maker
- 19. Capresso 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- 20. Bonavita 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 (OUR TOP PICK)
Technivorm is a famous Dutch manufacturer that makes some of the best coffee grinders and brewers, and the Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 is no different. Not to forget, it’s made using only the highest quality parts.
- Makes coffee that tastes close to the coffee you get at local coffee shops
- It is brilliantly designed with a simple and straightforward operation
- With the tank on one side and the basket on the other, the grounds can’t contaminate the water in the tank
- The clear tank lets you know when it’s time for cleaning
- The carafe is a little fragile
- There’s no way to hide the cord
This automatic coffee maker is a highly durable unit that is built to last and is backed by a warranty of five years. It has an aluminum body and a carafe that can hold up to ten glasses. Both of these have an industrial look and make a great addition to your counter.
Moreover, the unit keeps the water at the ideal temperature with the help of its copper boiling element. Plus, it comes with a safety feature; it shuts down automatically after it is done brewing. The separate hot plate element keeps the coffee hot for up to 100 minutes, without burning it!
In addition, the coffee maker features a manual drip stop control, which allows you to restrict the flow to slow down brewing time to get your desired cup. Alternatively, you can also stop the flow completely to pour a cup for yourself.
One problem that you might face is with the carafe. Since it is made of glass, it might be slightly fragile.
Overall, the Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 is one of the best coffee makers you can get. Its glass carafe maintains the taste, integrity, and quality of the beverage while keeping it steaming hot for up to 100 minutes!
2. Hamilton Beach 48464 Coffee Maker
The Hamilton Beach 48464 Coffee Maker is part of the company’s Brewstation products and lives up to its name. With this, you get several benefits, including ease of use and, of course, delicious coffee.
- You can directly brew your coffee in your mug
- Cleaning the water reservoir is relatively easy
- It can brew up to 12 cups in one go
- You can pre-set the unit such that a steaming cup is ready by the time you wake up
- The coffee it produces isn’t piping hot
- There might be issues with quality control
This drip coffee maker is a really easy-to-use machine. In fact, the dispensing bar lets you control it easily with one hand too. Likewise, cleaning and putting the coffee grounds in the basket are simple too. Plus, with just three steps, you can get your delicious brew ready; whether you want it hot or cold.
While the machine looks simple in terms of its operation and ease of use, the coffee it makes is top-notch. The unit promises consistent results and doesn’t burn the coffee. Plus, things are further simplified since it doesn’t need a glass carafe to work.
The machine lets you use any kind of ground coffee you might have. You can even brew multiple cups in one go but dispense only one cup at a time to enjoy fresh coffee every time. Other useful features include the timer and the auto-shutoff feature.
Over time, the unit can become slower at dispensing coffee and might not serve you for a long time.
The Hamilton Beach 48464 Coffee Maker will surely impress you with its simplicity and the consistency of delicious coffee that it promises.
3. Brew Express Countertop Coffee System
What makes the Brew Express Countertop Coffee System one of the best home coffee makers is its hassle-free operation since it guarantees that you’ll never go through any spills while making coffee!
- Installing and connecting it to your water line is simple
- You can set when and how much coffee you want to produce
- It is available at an affordable price
- With the insulated carafe, the copy stays hot
- Tends to leak after some time
If you’re tired of constantly cleaning the mess your coffee machine makes every morning, then it’s time to replace it with this Brew Express machine. In fact, with this machine, you won’t even have to worry about refilling the tank time and again!
What’s make it unique is the fact that you can connect it directly to your waterline. This way, it will refill water on command, so there will be no water spills. Plus, the infrared sensor prevents overflows while also allowing you to pour mid-brew.
Moreover, the unit is sturdy and is suitable for both commercial and residential use. It also gives you control over the volume of coffee produced; you can choose from a full carafe, half carafe, and a single cup. Also, it keeps water at a brewing temperature, so there’s no need to wait in between cycles.
The only problem is that it isn’t reliable and won’t last you for years. After a year or so, you might notice it leaking.
With the Brew Express Countertop Coffee System, you can bid farewell to mess, and straight away enjoy delicious coffee.
4. OXO BREW Coffee Maker
Oxo Brew Coffee Maker is one of the top coffee makers and is an excellent combination of innovative, cutting-edge technology and impressive features.
- It has a smart design that makes brewing coffee easy
- It is fitted with an internal microprocessor for timing and brewing
- The steady temperature control keeps your drink at the optimal temperature
- It can make up to 9 cups
- It comes at a high price
- It is slower than many brewers
With the Oxo coffee maker, you can enjoy a flavor-rich cup of coffee every morning. The secret behind its high-quality brew is that it replicates handmade pouring techniques. That, coupled with automated technology, promises to deliver the precision that professional baristas do.
Moreover, it is fitted with a microprocessor that adjusts and times itself depending on the brewing settings you choose. It also has steady temperature control, making sure your coffee never gets excessively cold or hot.
In addition, its design guarantees full extraction of flavor while the components that are made of stainless steel ensure that everything is sleek. Operating the machine is also simple. There’s a single dial that controls everything.
The only issue with this is that it comes with a pretty hefty price tag.
Despite its high price tag, the Oxo Brew Coffee Maker is an excellent programmable coffee maker. You can think of it as your barista that promises quality coffee with just a button press.
5. Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Coffee Maker
If what you want out of your drip coffee machine is to make decent coffee and keep it at the optimal brew temperature, then your best pick is the Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Coffee Maker.
- It can make up to 10 cups in one go
- With the grab-and-go feature, you can get a cup even before the brew cycle completes
- The carafe keeps your coffee hot while ensuring it doesn’t burn
- The advanced features make its operation simple and easy
- For some, the controls can be difficult to understand
- It tends to create quite a bit of steam while brewing
For the price it is available at, the machine promises incredible value. It comes with a few additional features as well that are quite handy. These include a delayed start, inbuilt water reservoir filter, and the grab and go feature.
The built-in reservoir filter works to improve the taste of the brew. It even removes up to 97% of impurities in the steam. Meanwhile, the grab and go feature lets you pause the brew in the middle just to get a cup.
In addition, the machine itself will inform you when it requires cleaning. Also, the whole brewing process is streamlined for excellent quality and efficiency control, promising a good cup.
While the unit is technologically advanced, some might find all the indicators and alerts confusing to understand.
The Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Coffee Maker promises excellent features such as advanced filtration systems and automatic freshness indicators, which helps make the ideal coffee cup.
6. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System
Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System is one of the top-rated coffee makers, particularly because of its high versatility. It allows you to make various drinks with its five brew styles and inbuilt milk frother.
- With six brew sizes to choose from, the machine stands out
- The carafe keeps your beverage hot for a long time
- Apart from different kinds of coffees, you can also make tea using this
- The design is such that you can make a quick cup within a few minutes
- The water tank tends to leak
- The coffee ground sediment can sometimes go in the brew despite the mesh coffee filter
Whether you prefer over-ice coffee variants or steaming hot brews, this machine lets you make whatever you prefer. To take a step further, you can mix tea and coffee and make coffee-house style beverages too!
The unit comes with a thermal carafe, which ensures your coffee stays hot for long. It also comes with separate coffee and tea baskets so that the flavors don’t mix together. Moreover, the Smart Basket Recognition feature senses which basket is inserted and shows the options for drinks accordingly.
Another thing we love about this machine is its ease of use. Using the intuitive display, just select the size and style you want, and your drink will be ready once you press the button. Plus, the built-in milk frother foams the drink well.
The only issue is that the water tank is leak-prone so the unit might leave a mess.
The Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System is one of the best rated coffee makers that let you make both delicious tea and coffee thanks to its versatility.
7. Technivorm Moccamaster 79112
Another best coffee machine is the Technivorm Moccamaster 97112. With its simple brewing carafe, you can get a full carafe ready in roughly five minutes.
- The unit is SCAA approved and promises excellent coffee
- When the tank empties, the heating element shuts down, adding to its safety
- Since all the metal parts come apart, the unit is easy to clean
- It is made using high-quality parts and comes with a 5-year warranty
- It is a bit expensive compared to other models
- The ease of functionality could’ve been better
At first glance, the Moccamaster is a beautiful drip brewer that can easily catch anyone’s eye. Apart from the design, you will totally fall in love with the coffee it makes since it is exceptionally flavorful and rich.
All the parts that make contact with your coffee are made of metal. These parts are easy to take apart as well, which in turn makes them easy to clean. Plus, while the metal parts ensure durability, you can be completely at ease while using this machine since it comes with a 5-year warranty.
In addition, the unit has an ideal water saturation time, which maximizes the aroma, flavor, and complexity of the coffee.
The only downside that might make you hesitant to buy this unit is its ease of functionality. Given the unit’s high price, one can expect it to be better.
If you have the money and if you really want the absolute best drip coffee maker, then you can’t go wrong with the Technivorm Moccamaster 97112.
8. Cuisinart DGB-900BC
The Cuisinart DGB-900BC is an automatic coffee maker that is not only fully programmable but also grinds the beans so that you get the richest flavor in every cup.
- The built-in grinder ensures your ground beans are freshly ground each time
- It has several programmable features such as automatic shutoff
- You have full control of your coffee’s strength
- You don’t need to take the whole thing apart for cleaning
- You need to follow the directions closely
- It needs to be cleaned frequently
This is a gorgeous coffee machine that can make up to 12 cups of coffee. It comes with several programmable features that help in ensuring you get the perfect cup. For instance, it automatically grinds your beans just before brewing them so that you get the freshest coffee.
Other features include a 24-hour programmable feature, brew-pause, and auto-shutoff. It also comes with several accessories that include an instruction book and a measuring scoop. It also comes with a permanent gold-tone filter and a charcoal water filter, which ensures only rich and fresh flows through.
Moreover, the thermal carafe that comes along is stainless steel and double-wall insulated and has a comfort grip handle. Not to forget, you can use the ground control and strength selector to fine-tune the volume and intensity.
The only thing is that you’ll need to clean it often to keep it working at its best.
The Cuisinart DGB-900BC can be considered as a 2-in-1 machine since it brews and grinds both. So, if you want to save the counter space and money, this is the one to choose.
9. Breville BDC450
Another best drip coffee maker is the Breville BDC450. It lets you make craft filter coffee thanks to the precision it promises. It provides both precise temperature and time to provide the ideal brew.
- Since the pump works quietly, the machine itself doesn’t make noise while working
- It can make up to 12 cups of coffee
- You can get a full carafe brewed in under ten minutes
- The coffee is rich in flavor and has a great mouthfeel
- The unit is unable to use all the water in the tank
- You might find your coffee lukewarm sometimes as the carafe isn’t too good at retaining heat
One of the greatest features of this machine is that you can enjoy up to six different brewing styles, just like you prefer. In addition to that, you can even personalize your brew using the ‘My Brew Setting.’
Another feature that must be mentioned is the Auto Sleep and Release Technology. With this feature, the coffee and water stay in contact with each other. Thus, you can quickly get a cup when you’re in a hurry and can’t wait for the carafe to fill.
Also, with the dual filter baskets, you can brew the volume of coffee you prefer. This is possible because of the cone and flat bottom filter baskets.
The only drawback of this otherwise excellent machine is that it can stop right in the middle of brewing and won’t work again until you clean it.
The Breville BDC450 promises a mouth-watering coffee just the way you prefer since it gives you control over temperature, flow rate, and bloom time. So, if you want precise control, this is the unit to opt for.
10. Zojirushi Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
If you’re looking to get the maximum value for the money you pay, then what you’re looking for is the Zojirushi Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker. There are several features that make an impressive pick.
- Even after hours of being brewed, the thermal carafe keeps coffee hot
- The basket filter is reusable
- It comes with all the programming features you need
- Apart from an indicator that tells you when cleaning is needed, it also features automated cleaning
- The large size will take up a considerable amount of counter space
- Some users feel that the carafe keeps the coffee lukewarm at best
One of the greatest benefits of this unit is the thermal carafe. As compared to glass carafes, these keep your carafe hotter and fresher. So, you can drink from one pot throughout the day. Plus, you won’t have to brew coffee again and again in one day.
Moreover, the machine is pretty affordable and comes with several useful features. These include removable water canister, reusable basket filter, and automated cleaning. In addition, the automated clean cycle makes cleaning easy and promises fresh coffee.
Also, the machine guarantees brewing temperature over 200 degrees. As a result, it can extract the maximum flavor from your chosen roast. Thumb activated pouring also makes serving smooth.
However, since it is huge, you might need to make up a lot of space on the counter to keep it.
While thermal brewers are quite expensive, the Zojirushi Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker is quite affordable. Thus with this, you get delicious coffee without breaking the bank.
11. Technivorm Moccamaster 79114
The Technivorm Moccamaster 79114 allows you to be creative and experiment with your drinks as it lets you control various things such as temperature and time.
- The advanced copper heating elements keep the beverage hot
- It is an ideal unit if you love to experiment often with drinks
- It has a large volume capacity and can make up to 10 cups
- All the features are easily controllable
- It has a large bulky design that might take up too much space
- It is not too affordable
There are many benefits that you can enjoy with this unit. For instance, it comes with features like manual drip stops and automatic power settings. Moreover, it has a 10-cup capacity, which means you don’t need to refill it often.
However, what we love the most is the heat. It utilizes a copper heating element that keeps your coffee heat without burning it. Plus, since you have complete control, you can turn the heat without a problem.
In addition, the unit is quite easy to use. All the parts in it are removable while all the features are controllable. So, you can brew, clean, time, saturate, and filter things according to how you prefer. Plus, you can even choose the amount you’d like to make.
The only problem with this is that it comes with a pretty hefty price tag.
Keeping all things in mind, the Technivorm Moccamaster 79114 is an ideal option not only for beginners but also for coffee lovers that love trying out new drinks.
12. BUNN NHS Velocity Home Coffee Brewer
Bunn has made quite a name for itself in the coffee industry and is known for manufacturing some of the best coffee makers like the Bunn NHS Velocity Home Coffee Brewer.
- Gets your drink ready in just three minutes
- Keeps a tank of hot water ready for quick brewing
- It can brew it up to 10 cups of coffee
- It has good quality parts
- There is no thermal carafe
- You can only use Bunn filters with this if you don’t want to make a mess
As you might have gathered from the name, this is one of the fastest coffee makers you can find in the market. In just three minutes, the machine can brew a full cup of coffee. You just need to add both water and coffee and press a button. Three minutes later, your drink is ready!
The unit comes with a number of excellent features, such as the commercial multi-spray head which soaks your grounds. In turn, this improves the taste.
In addition, the exclusive drip-coffee carafe has a proprietary spout and lid design. It arcs the pour of your beverage into the cup while making sure that coffee dribbles back into the carafe to prevent a mess.
However, since the unit lacks a thermal carafe, your brewed coffee might not stay hot for long.
If you find yourself rushing every morning, the Bunn NHS Velocity Home Coffee Brewer can be a great pick since it can have your coffee ready in just a short time.
13. Hamilton Beach 49980A
The Hamilton Beach 49980A has a two-way nature and features dual brew settings. As a result, with this machine, you get a considerable amount of control over your coffee choices.
- Available at a low price
- There are two brew settings, depending on the amount of coffee you want
- The programmable menu provides extensive user control
- The ease of cleaning of this machine is commendable
- It has a slightly bulky design, which might take up a lot of space on the counter
- Beginners might find it difficult to operate
This best drip coffee maker by Hamilton Beach is a 2-way machine such that it provides the benefits of both the multi-cup brew system and a single-serve machine all in one unit!
The single-serve side has a brew basket and a mesh filter. Since it can hold one coffee at one time, you can get the exact amount you need for starting your morning. Meanwhile, the multi-brew side has a reservoir along with a 12-cup carafe for brewing large amounts of coffee in one go.
Thus, with this unit, you will have the exact amount of coffee you need. You won’t make too much or too little! It also comes with additional smart features such as a brew strength selector and a warming plate to keep the coffee hot.
The one that can be a slight problem is the machine’s bulky design. Since it is a little big, you might have to make space for it, especially if you live in a small house.
The Hamilton Beach 49980A provides you several brewing options, which means you can enjoy the best of both worlds!
14. BUNN BT Velocity Brew Thermal Carafe
If you’re highly addicted to coffee and want the best coffee maker, then one of your options has to be the Bunn BT Velocity Brew Thermal Carafe. Given its high-quality features and incredible speed, the unit was built to impress.
- It can brew a large amount of coffee in just a short time
- The machine provides good temperature and heat control
- The thermal carafe can keep the coffee hot for up to 2 hours
- It has an aesthetically appealing design
- It is a relatively highly-priced unit
- A new unit may emit a plastic burning smell
There is no doubt that this Velocity Brew unit by Bunn is a powerful machine as it can brew up to 12 cups of coffee within three minutes. Moreover, it is fitted with a stainless steel water tank that comes with a heater to keep the temperature at a max of 200 Fahrenheit.
In addition, the unit features an insulated, vacuumed, and sealed thermal carafe that keeps your coffee hot and fresh hours after it has been brewed. Plus, its large tank means that you can make up to 50 ounces of coffee without having to refill the tank.
Also, the machine is expected to last for over three years. If that doesn’t work, and you find the unit unsatisfactory, then you can get your full refund back!
However, you must note that when you first start using the unit, you might notice a plastic burning smell emanating from it.
If all you want is a high-output and powerful coffee maker, then all you need to look at is the Bunn BT Velocity Brew Thermal Carafe.
15. Mr. Coffee Switch Coffee Maker
Mr. Coffee Switch Coffee Maker is one of the best cheap coffee makers you can get your hands on. Despite its low price, you will be highly impressed by its quality.
- Since it is one of the best small coffee makers, it won’t take up a lot of counter space
- With the pause feature, you can take a cup mid-brew
- The filter basket is also reusable making clean-up quick and easy
- It comes with reusable basket filters so you won’t have to spend money again and again
- It can only make 5-ounce cups which means in one go you only get two normal-sized cups
- Coffee isn’t brewed using water at the ideal temperature
Apart from being cheap, this unit is simple and effective and has everything the brand promises. Mr. Coffee, despite covering just the basics, is an affordable and reliable brand. While this machine doesn’t have all the fancy features one would expect from a coffee pot, it still makes a decent cup.
However, one feature that you will definitely appreciate is the mid-brew pause. Simply pause the cycle and get a cup for yourself even before the brew cycle is finished. Also, the unit has a dual water window which allows complete visibility thus avoiding overflows.
Other notable features of this best drip coffee maker include a stain-resistant warming plate that is easy to clean as well as the removable filter basket that also facilitates easy clean-up.
However, the volume of coffee it makes is pretty low, so with one brew cycle, you can only make two standard-sized cups of coffee.
The Mr. Coffee Switch Coffee Maker is the best pick for those who just want to enjoy making a decent cup of coffee but don’t want to spend their money on something with all the fancy shenanigans.
16. Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer
When it comes to versatility and providing numerous options, the Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer doesn’t disappoint at all! All the different options it provides make it one of our top picks.
- It gives you full control of the amount of coffee you would like
- With the smart flavor brew extraction technology, you can choose the flavor of your coffee
- The double-insulated carafe ensures your coffee stays hot
- You can make a variety of coffeehouse-style drinks
- Takes a little time to brew your cup
- Might be difficult to get the hang of in the beginning
This is one of the most feature-rich coffee machines you can find on the market. For instance, it has a multi-serve dial, which allows you to choose from a full carafe, half carafe, travel mug, or a cup to get your desired volume.
In addition, it comes with thermal flavor extraction technology. With this, you can set the richness level of the flavor and choose a brew from specialty, over ice, classic, and rich. Also, the Auto-IQ one-touch intelligence feature draws in the right amount of water needed to make your chosen drink, thus reducing wastage.
The machine also comes with a hot and cold insulated tumbler. The stainless steel accented lid and the Tritan double wall make the tumbler great for both hot and iced coffee. Even without the warming plate, the unit can keep the coffee hot for a couple of hours.
The only major problem with this coffee maker is that it takes a little longer than usual to make your coffee. However, due to this longer period, it can to make absolutely delicious coffee.
This isn’t just any ordinary coffee maker that can brew both hot and cold coffee. In fact, the Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer can be considered a winner keeping in mind its features, versatility, and price.
17. KitchenAid 12-Cup Coffee Maker
If you’ve seen KitchenAid’s iconic mixer and love retro-style kitchen appliances, then you will extremely love the KitchenAid 12-cup Coffee Maker. It is available in two colors so that you can choose which one goes better with your kitchen style.
- Since most parts come apart, it is easy to clean
- It is well designed with easy to understand functionality
- It beeps to inform you when your coffee is ready
- It is great to look at it and complements the kitchen well
- The buttons feel slightly cheap
- The warming plate tends to burn the coffee slightly
This machine promises 24-hour programmability along with a simple operation. It comes with a variable brew strength selector that lets you choose between bold and regular strengths. At the same time, it promises a full-bodied cup each time.
You also get slight control over the volume of coffee you make with this machine. For instance, you can either brew up to 12 cups of coffee, or you can choose between two and four. Also, with the pause and pour feature, you can pour out a cup for you even before the brew cycle is finished.
You can also program automatic brewing for up to 24 hours in advance so that when you wake up in the morning, your drink is ready!
The only problem is that once the carafe is filled and placed on the warming plate, the coffee gets a slightly burnt taste.
The KitchenAid 12-cup Coffee Maker will make a beautiful addition to your kitchen and will promise to make an excellent cup of coffee that will keep you fuelled throughout your day.
18. Coffee Programmable Coffee Maker
With a sleek, modern design, the Mr. Coffee Programmable Coffee Maker is the perfect option for coffee lovers who want both style and functionality.
- High-quality construction ensures durability and reliability
- Chic and beautiful design looks great on every counter
- ‘Strong brew’ option allows you to make rich, strong coffee
- Glass decanter doesn’t spill water when you pour coffee into a cup or fill up the water reservoir
- The lid is a bit large and might be difficult to open under low cabinets
- The glass carafe is fragile and might shatter easily
Featuring everything from a strength selector to a freshness timer, the Mr. Coffee Programmable Coffee Maker helps you make a delicious cup of coffee.
The unit’s dazzling display is equipped with all kinds of controls and buttons, so you don’t have to worry about your options. The machine can also be customized with special add-on accessories, such as a thermal carafe.
The model also features a water filter that removes the chemicals and purifies your water, resulting in an even better and delicious-tasting coffee. You can even program the machine to shut off after your coffee is brewed, so you don’t have to worry about going and turning the machine off after using it.
However, it might be difficult to open the lid if the coffee maker is kept under tall cabinets. It’s also advisable to be careful with the glass carafe as it can shatter easily.
Not all coffee makers make great coffee at such a low price, but the Mr. Coffee Programmable Coffee Maker certainly manages it. All in all, it’s a functional, flexible machine that is both affordable and luxurious.
19. Capresso 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
A combination of superior strength and style, the Capresso 10-cup programmable coffee maker, can brew 10 cups of flavorful and aromatic coffee in just under 8 minutes. Its minimalist steel design further makes it perfect for almost every kitchen!
- The machine brews fast and makes hot, delicious coffee
- Positive click on carafe lid lets you know if it’s properly closed
- The model is extremely easy to program and use
- The carafe does not immediately stain and does not smell like old coffee even after several uses
- It might be a bit tricky to fill the water reservoir
- The unit is a bit noisier than compared to other models
Able to brew a full carafe in eight minutes, the Capresso allows you to make enough coffee for a crowd. You can also choose to brew only three to five cups to get your morning going.
Equipped with a charcoal water filter, the machine removes odors, chlorine, and other chemicals from the water before brewing. The drip-free stainless steel carafe can also be removed, enabling you to pour a cup during the brewing process without making a mess!
The unit also features 24-hour programmable automatic brewing and a backlit LCD clock with a timer. It also shuts itself after two hours, so you don’t have to worry about a fire hazard in your kitchen.
However, the coffee maker is a bit noisy, and filling the water reservoir might prove to be difficult for some.
In terms of brew volume, coffee quality, price, and overall functionality, the Capresso 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is surely one of the best models available. If you want a coffee machine that brews hot, aromatic coffee quickly without busting the budget, then this model is the one for you!
The Bonavita 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker is one of the most popular coffee makers and is used by many serious drip coffee enthusiasts. The SCAA approved machine offers curated features that perfectly mimic the artisan pour-over brewing method.
- The carafe is skillfully designed and insulates nicely
- The machine makes good, hot coffee that’s rich in flavor
- The model has a quiet operation and is extremely easy to use
- The machine’s compact design takes very little space on the kitchen counter
- The carafe must be completely inverted to get every drop of coffee
- The cord is quite short
Featuring a temperature range of 195°F – 205°F and a 1500-watt heater, the Bonavita makes piping hot coffee in just a few minutes. Its special shower-head design further spreads water over the coffee grounds evenly, resulting in perfect saturation without any dry spots.
Moreover, the thermal carafe keeps your coffee hot for hours without burning it. The basket is also designed with holes to allow steam to escape from the coffee grounds, while the pre-infusion setting allows the grounds to bloom before brewing. All this results in a rejuvenating, delicious cup of coffee.
Due to the one-touch button design, the unit is also extremely simple to use.
However, it does not have any programmable features, which might be a problem for those who like to tweak. The cord is also short, so it may be difficult to comfortably use the machine for some.
To put it simply, the Bonavita 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker is a steady and strong coffee maker that contradicts with its simple appearance. While it has a compact and straightforward design, it still has amazing features which ensure a quick, hot cup of joe.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What Is the Best Drip Coffee Maker to Buy?
The best drip coffee maker, after all the comparison, depends on you. The top pick, which is the Technivorm Moccamaster 59691, has all the quirks. It’s a high-quality machine that gives you barista-like coffee. And it’s an easy-to-use and automatic choice.
You can opt for the convenient and programmed features of this best drip coffee maker. Or if you want to use something that’s less space-consuming, go for the Hamilton Beach. It’s a slim and portable drip coffee maker. With pre-set timer functions and a removable reservoir.
As you can see, the bottom line is that your needs are important. Features like a big or small carafe capacity, programming functions, filtration, and ease of use. They all count when you’re looking to buy a drip coffee maker.
Some people want a coffee grinder in their drip coffee machine. While others prefer a keep-hot feature for up to 100 minutes. The Hamilton Beach 48464 (that we just spoke about) has that feature.
But the most important feature that all drip coffee makers should have. And that you should buy for its credibility is an SCAA certification. This means the drip coffee maker has passed standard coffee tests. And it has been approved by coffee experts and professionals. For its accuracy, convenience, performance, and durability.
2. Which Drip Coffee Maker Makes the Best Tasting Coffee?
The ideal drip method for drip coffee makers is very simple. If you want a drip coffee machine that makes the best coffee, you need to pay attention.
Let’s take the OXO BREW Coffee Maker as a stellar example. It brews by adopting a cutting-edge and fast brewing technology. The reason behind its superb performance is that it mimics hand-pouring brewing.
You add the pre-ground coffee in the coffee basket. Fill up the water reservoir, which is storable too, to your desired amount. And with its single-dial, you can control timer and other functions. So it’s quick and convenient.
As for brewing technology, the machine is effective and long-lasting. If you get that fresh coffee smell that you get from a barista, it’s the perfect cup of coffee. By taking charge of the optimal coffee brewing temperature and time, a drip coffee maker delivers the best tasting coffee at home.
3. What Is the Best Coffee Maker for Home Use?
You might have fallen in love with a coffee machine in a barista. But that’s not to say that you would be able to handle it at home. There are separate but equally effective and professional drip coffee makers for home use.
With controls that are easier to understand and control. And these drip coffee makers come at a valuable cost. Nothing too expensive or out of your budget. Their design features and performance complement the price you pay. And they’d never let you down in either department.
Based on other coffee brewing methods, such as a percolator or French press. A drip coffee maker is faster to use. Even when you compare it with a semi- or fully-automatic coffee machine. A drip coffee maker is an easy and practical choice.
A drip coffee maker has incredible brew strength controls. You can decide the taste of coffee you want that goes beyond just the flavor. Not everybody prefers a cup of strong coffee. Much in the same way, not everybody loves regular or a mild tasting coffee.
A drip coffee maker brews coffee slower or faster to control brew strength. This is its most important and helpful feature. In a percolator or French press, for example, you’d need to take more time and put in more effort.
That’s why a drip coffee maker is perfect for home use.
4. What Is a Drip Coffee Maker?
A drip coffee maker brews ground coffee with water. It has a coffee filter inside the machine that you put a scoop of coffee into. Once you turn the machine on, the brewing system puts water through the coffee filter.
The water is first heated and then it passes through. For a strong cup of coffee, this method is a few seconds longer. As the hot water immerses with the coffee to produce a richer flavor.
The final result, which is the brewed water, drips into a carafe. You can select the number of cups you want from the control dial. And that many cups of black coffee fill up the carafe. Ready to serve you hot and aromatic cups of coffee.
Drip coffee makers are practical because they serve multiple people at one time. It can also keep the coffee pot hot for 2-3 hours. There is no chance of over extracting coffee in a drip coffee maker. Because it’s all automated time and temperature controls.
Drip coffee makers come with an extensive set of benefits. For instance, they’re usually easy to use right out of the box, so you don’t need to spend time learning how to work them first. Moreover, they are quite affordable and come with programmable features that let you make different kinds of coffee. Given their practicality, you need to invest in one if you can’t start your day without coffee. With our list of best drip coffee makers, you are sure to find the perfect one for yourself.