Cups are an essential part of great coffee rituals whenever you are at home or the office. But when it is cold outside during winter but you want hot coffee on the go, the best to use is an insulated coffee mug.
If you want your java as hot as when it is brewed or iced coffee that is still chilling cold after a while, you need a mug that can keep your drinks hot or cold longer.
An insulated coffee mug is an ideal travel buddy when the urge to drink your favorite coffee arises.
So, by way of these best-insulated coffee mugs reviews, you now have the best choices at hand.
5 Best Insulated Coffee Mugs Reviews 2020
- 1. Contigo Autoseal West Loop Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 20-Ounce
- 2. Zojirushi SM-SE36NZ Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Mug, 12-Ounce
- 3. YETI Rambler Lowball Stainless Steel Vacuum-Insulated Tumbler with Lid
- 4. Ember Temperature Control Travel Mug, 12-Ounce, 2-hr Battery Life
- 5. Contigo 2063300 SNAPSEAL Byron Mug, 16-Ounce
1. Contigo Autoseal West Loop Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 20-Ounce
The Contigo Autoseal is the top-selling insulated coffee mug on Amazon today and we don’t wonder why. This fool-proof stainless steel mug is so tough, it won’t break or leak even when dropped into concrete and other hard surfaces.
This vacuum-insulated coffee mug doesn’t leak or spill even when extremely shaken while inside your backpack during camping or mountain trekking. It is also perfect for use at home or office.
This most popular mug comes in 20 colors like deep blue, matte black, violet, radiant, orchid, grayed jade and others. The mug is so light and can be handled with one hand and can be opened with a push of a button.
With a capacity of 20 ounces, Contigo Autoseal Travel Mug has thermal-lock vacuum insulation that keeps your coffee hot for over 5 hours while cold drinks are maintained colder for 12 hours.
- Compatible with some car cup holders.
- It comes in a pack of 2 travel mugs.
- The autoseal technology is Contigo’s patented technique.
- Easy to clean with no separate parts.
- Has an Easy-Clean lid for thorough cleaning.
- It doesn’t have a handle.
- If coffee is too hot, allow 3 minutes before closing the lid.
- The stainless steel body is not dishwasher safe.
2. Zojirushi SM-SE36NZ Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Mug, 12-Ounce
The Zojirushi Vacuum Insulated Coffee Mug is made from kitchen-grade stainless steel although it has BPA-free plastic components which makes it too light for travel. This flawlessly-designed mug can retain heat at 187F in an hour, 153F in 6 hours, and cold retention of 48F in 6 hours.
Meaning, during these times, your coffee or other drinks will maintain the said temperatures at the mentioned duration without additional heat or cooling. The Zojirushi Coffee Mug is vacuum-insulated as it has a double-wall construction to maintain the freshness of coffee indoors or outdoors.
So, if you are working at the office, you can still have hot coffee in the afternoon. The flip-open lid is easy to open with a safety lock to prevent the content from leaking and accidental opening.
- No Handle or strap but can be easily gripped.
- The mouthpiece has an air vent for easy drinking or pouring.
- A one-hand operation travel mug.
- The non-stick interior is so easy to clean.
- The stopper cap can be easily disassembled for thorough cleaning.
- It comes in 16 different colors.
- No handle and strap but very handy.
3. YETI Rambler Lowball Stainless Steel Vacuum-Insulated Tumbler with Lid
If you want a smaller capacity coffee mug, the Yeti Rambler 10-ounce Lowball fits in your backpack or your car’s cup holder. The material for this best-selling coffee mug is an 18/8 stainless steel that is certified food-grade.
The coffee mug comes in 14 different colors that you can choose from. The vacuum-insulated double-wall construction keeps hot coffee hot and cold drinks cold, longer than other coffee mugs.
The Yeti Rambler Lowball is also dishwasher safe so you don’t need much effort in cleaning after every sip of your favorite joe. Its exterior is DuraCoat coated that keeps your mug withstand the elements if you are outdoors.
- Comes in a pack of 4.
- With a tough and durable construction.
- May survive falling from high altitude.
- Non-corrosive material and punch-resistant.
- With a double-wall construction.
- Has a ‘No Sweat’ design that doesn’t leave wet marks on your table.
- No handle or a strap.
- Depth is only 4 1/8 inches.
4. Ember Temperature Control Travel Mug, 12-Ounce, 2-hr Battery Life
Do you want a coffee mug as smart as your smart-phone? Or the heat can be controlled by your mobile phone?
Well, it’s not impossible anymore.
The Ember Travel Mug is an App controlled heated coffee travel mug that keeps your hot coffee at the right temperature you want. The App controllable temperature ranges between 120F and 145F, the ideal temperature of coffee when its time to drink.
And not only that, the control could be paired with the Ember App to customize your presets or receive notification preferences, and other functions. The LED display lets you know the exact temperature of the content and the battery life.
Controlling the temperature of your coffee after brewing enhances the flavor of the drink. You can even do it for tea and your other favorite drinks.
- The rechargeable battery lasts for 2 hours before recharging.
- A charging coaster/mat is included.
- Pre-set temperatures can be customized for different drinks.
- Safe for hand washing as the mug is coated with ceramic.
- The world’s most advanced temperature mug.
- Heftier than regular coffee mugs.
5. Contigo 2063300 SNAPSEAL Byron Mug, 16-Ounce
Another Contigo brand of an insulated mug that is taking the online stores by storm is the Contigo 2063300 Snapseal Byron Mug that comes with 16 oz. capacity. The Byron Mug is available in 8 different colors so you can pick your favorite hues.
The Contigo Snapseal Coffee Mug features the proprietary Thermal-lock double-wall vacuum insulation that keeps your coffee hot for 5 hours and cold drinks cold in 12 hours. Moreover, the Snapseal technology lid keeps the content leak-proof even if subjected to extreme shaking when traveling or trekking.
The stainless steel and cylindrical body of the Byron Mug allow you to hold it so easily with one hand while you don’t have to grip it hard.
- Aside from home use, also ideal in an office, camping, and travel.
- The top rack lid is dishwasher safe.
- It offers a lifetime warranty unlike any other.
- Non-slip grip prevents drops.
- It comes in 8 colors.
- Fits many car cup holders.
- The stainless steel body is not dishwasher safe.
- Allows 3 minutes before closing the lid if coffee is super hot.
We are traveling most of the time but still want to drink coffee along the way. Then, at the office, meetings are so long, we haven’t had time for a nice coffee break.
These double-wall coffee mugs are just what we need.
For two of the best-insulated coffee mugs, our thumbs up to go to Zojirushi Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Mug and Contigo 2063300 Snapseal Byron Mug.
The Zojirushi packs a 12-ounce hot coffee and can maintain the heat even after an hour or 6 hours for a cold drink. It’s the perfect mug that we can use at the office
Interestingly, the Contigo Snapseal Byron Mug can retain the hotness of coffee in 5 hours and cold drinks for 12 hours. This is what we need when we travel, you can use it in winter and even during summer. What a great relief!