You can easily distinguish between a dull knife set from an exceptional one. But it’s not only about looks. Only the best kitchen knife set can stand up to the task. Sharp, edgy, smooth, and clean. Those are the real qualities of a chef’s knife. Now it’s time to bring these qualities home.
These best kitchen knife brands have a good reputation. They’re pocket-friendly and versatile, as well as offer up to 18 essential knives made out of stainless steel. The blades are incredibly sharp and shiny. The handles feel light but not flimsy. Just the way some professional cooks prefer.
If this appeals to you, look at the following best kitchen knife sets on the market.
Top Kitchen Knife Set Reviews 2020
- 1. Zwilling J.A. Henckels 30782-000 TWIN Signature Knife Block Set
- 2. AmazonBasics 14-Piece Kitchen Knife Set
- 3. Cuisinart C55-01-12PCKS Advantage Color Collection 12-Piece Knife Set
- 4. Chicago Cutlery 1119644 Cutlery Fusion 18pc Block Set
- 5. Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set
- The EndNote
1. Zwilling J.A. Henckels 30782-000 TWIN Signature Knife Block Set
If you’re looking for the best kitchen knives, let’s start with the essentials. The ones you absolutely need to have in your kitchen. Without which you cannot function as a cook… even an off-and-on cook in your own house. It’s the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Signature Set.
- Polymer handle offers an excellent grip.
- The stamped and ice-hardened blades stay sharper for longer.
- High-quality and long-lasting knives.
- No block-color variation in each knife.
- Some knives feel too light to hold.
The blades on these best kitchen knives are outstanding. It has that sturdy, firm feeling and grip. And that feeling stays for a very long time. It’s on every knife in the set. In fact, the bread knife feels superior and extra tough.
The knives may be light… perhaps too lightweight. It’s good because it can reduce pain or discomfort due to prolonged use. Each knife has its own function for steaks, vegetables, bread, etc.
It also comes with a blade sharpener and an extra slot for a big knife. The blades are extremely sharp so be careful. And the block set is solid, sturdy, and user-friendly. You will instantly forget about using cheap, store-bought knives that look more mediocre than professional.
2. AmazonBasics 14-Piece Kitchen Knife Set
The AmazonBasics Kitchen Knife Set comes with basic but competent features. It is the best kitchen knife set for anyone on a budget. Perhaps not a budget-per-se, but looking for something indispensable for the price.
- Sleek, stainless steel blades.
- Looks nice and the blades don’t chip.
- Excellent blade sharpness and lastingness.
- The knife handles are made of plastic.
- The weight of the knives may feel flimsy.
In standard tests, these knives produced sharp and cutting-edge results. Each knife has a balanced weight and feel. Even out of multiple washes, they retain their sharpness and edge. Unlike some kitchen knives that squish the tomato than slice through it, these are a bit unique.
Each tomato slice is firm and sparkling. The shears are also incredibly built. It will easily become your go-to for slicing through loaves of bread, vegetables, meat, and fruits. The paring knife is this best kitchen knife brand’s most treasured prize.
For the price, this best knife block set is tried-and-true. They won’t fail you while slicing tomatoes. And they won’t fail you while handling more intricate steaks.
3. Cuisinart C55-01-12PCKS Advantage Color Collection 12-Piece Knife Set
Another skilled best chef knife set on this list is the Cuisinart Advantage Collection Set. They’re stainless steel knives with different colors for each knife. And that is the star of the show. The fact that each knife has a different color. Doesn’t this make prep-time simple and effective?
- Each knife has its own ergonomic sheath.
- The blades are sharp and easy to resharpen.
- Non-slippery and solid grip on the handles.
- The blade feels heavier than the handle.
- Always dry the handle before using it.
- They don’t look so professional.
The Cuisinart Advantage Color Collection is a superior pick. It looks like a professional and dependable choice for home cooks. The blades are super sharp. They cut through practically everything.
The bright colors prevent cross-contamination while prepping for an extensive meal. Just make sure you keep it out of your kid’s sight. As it can easily be misconstrued as a toy. This set contains the most essential knives for kitchen use, such as a chef’s knife, slicing, serrated, bread, utility, and a paring knife.
So you will never run out of options while cooking. The blades have a non-stick coating which means that they won’t stain or chip. Even after multiple washing, the colors don’t fade or lose their shine. Another quality worth noting in this knife blade is the smooth and clean edge. It’s so reflective and defined, and you’ll love it!
4. Chicago Cutlery 1119644 Cutlery Fusion 18pc Block Set
If you want to upgrade your skills set in the kitchen to the next level. Go for the Chicago Cutlery Fusion Block Set. It is the best cutlery set for homeowners. With 18 different pieces, it is a high-carbon and stainless steel treasure.
- The blades are sharp and edgy.
- The comfort grip is firm and long-lasting.
- Easy and precise to resharpen.
- Some knives are not serrated.
It is a beautiful and crafted knife set. Anyone looking for a good kitchen knife set should find this extremely valuable. It allows all kinds of cutting and prepping. The block is heavy-duty and strong.
The carbon stainless steel construction prevents stains and chips. You could easily wipe a knife clean right after using it. And it’ll look and work as good as new. The edge’s shine is hard to resist. It’s the one true quality every home cook or chef looks for in her knife set.
The Chicago Cutlery wants to bring a chef’s experience into a home. So quality and performance do not outweigh the price. And the price of this best knife set is affordable.
5. Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set
The Mercer Culinary Genesis Forged Knife Block Set is the best cooking knife set. It boasts of grippy handles, a fantastic design, and sturdy blades. It includes all the knives a cook needs. And a tempered knife block to combine utility with style.
- Best user-friendly knife set on the market.
- German steel with no rust, corrosion, or discoloration.
- The taper-ground edge retains sharpness.
- The blades must be wiped after washing.
- You may see a few water stains on the blade.
The tempered glass block goes with any kitchen ambiance. And with it comes the knives which are so sharp and ergonomic. It completes the picture of the perfect kitchen knife set in your home with the essentials needed to start taking cooking more seriously.
The knives feel extremely good and comfortable in your hands. With the perfect balance between weight and handle, it makes cutting easy. In fact, so easy that you might even look forward to prepping even more than the cooking part!
Knives like this go way back. But what matters to you is how long they can last? Well, these best kitchen knives are in the lead there too!
Instead of storing your knives along with the rest of your cutlery. Why don’t you buy your very own best knife block set? With blades that are extremely sharp and professional. And each knife set comes with its own knife sharpener. So you can forget about purchasing a new whetstone.
You’ll find that some kitchen knives tend to be more lightweight and affordable. That’s true for anyone looking to invest more time and effort in cooking at home. This doesn’t mean they’re ill-equipped at handling some really delicate cuts. It just means they’re user-friendly and easy.
So what’s better than storing knives in a utensil drawer? It’s buying a knife set that has its own classy storage. Like the Zwilling J.A. Henckels TWIN Signature Knife Block Set. It’s sharp, sturdy, and 100% professional.