Ideally, heated water is just as important as the best coffee bean grounds you use. That’s why you gotta have the best pour-over kettle ready any time in your kitchen or office.
Also known as gooseneck kettle, pour-over kettles are designed with slender and long spout to control the flow of water into the pour-over.
Why use a gooseneck kettle for pour-over coffee?
If you are used to brewing pour-over coffee, the long and narrow spout (resembling a goose’s neck) of a pour-over kettle lets you control the speed and intensity of the flow of water.
The stylish yet functional gooseneck spout makes an ideal tool for precision brewing.
Moreover, baristas used gooseneck kettle because it gives them a degree of control over the water flow that an ordinary kettle can’t do.
5 Best Pour-Over Kettles Reviews 2020
- 1. Fellow Stagg EKG, Electric Pour-over Kettle for Coffee and Tea
- 2. Hario V60 Buono Stainless Steel Gooseneck Coffee Kettle, Stovetop (1.2L/ 1200 mL)
- 3. COSORI Electric Gooseneck Pour-over Kettle with 5 Variable Pre-sets
- 4. Bonavita BV382510V 1.0L Digital Variable Temperature Gooseneck Kettle
- 5. OXO Brew Adjustable Temperature Electric Pour-Over Kettle
1. Fellow Stagg EKG, Electric Pour-over Kettle for Coffee and Tea
The new generation of coffee drinkers is now becoming more high-tech. With the Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour-over Kettle, you can have an option for Bluetooth connectivity so you can heat water from your bed.
This best electric pour-over kettle comes in an impressive matte-black finish which will stand out on your kitchen countertop. Fellow Stagg has a simple dial that allows you to adjust the water temperature from 135F to a maximum of 212F.
You can also choose the unit of the temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit and vice-versa. It has a toggle switch at the back which you can turn on to keep the desired temperature for about an hour.
The Fellow Stagg EKG gooseneck snout is an engineering wonder which is designed for the best pour-over flow rate perfect for your coffee brew.
- A built-in LCD screen lets you track the temperature.
- It also has a stopwatch to keep track of brewing.
- The LCD screen features “Wormy” game when the kettle is taken off the base.
- High-tech but easy to use.
- Uses 1200 Watts of power.
- Comfort comes at a high price.
- The most expensive pour-over kettle.
2. Hario V60 Buono Stainless Steel Gooseneck Coffee Kettle, Stovetop (1.2L/ 1200 mL)
The Hario V60 Buono is a stovetop coffee kettle and one of the best gooseneck kettles offered by several online stores (just heard lately that Amazon has the best deal so far). Anyways, the Hario Buono comes in stainless steel while the ergonomic handle is fitted with insulation.
The Hario’s long and slender spout allows water to be poured smoothly over the coffee grounds. The kettle has a capacity of 41 ounces (1.2 liters) which is perfect for several shots of coffee.
The slow and even pouring of Hario Buono Coffee Kettle allows for consistent extraction on the grounds. More coffee lovers believe that using a Hario Buono ‘you can start brewing gourmet coffee right at the comfort of your home’.
- Perfect for tea or coffee.
- Works on all stoves including induction types
- Also, works perfectly with Hario ceramic dripper.
- Designed and Made in Japan.
- Also, ideal for traveling and camping
- Narrow mouth is a challenge for cleaning.
- Water boils longer.
3. COSORI Electric Gooseneck Pour-over Kettle with 5 Variable Pre-sets
The stainless steel Cosori Electric Gooseneck Pour-over Kettle is one of the best hot water kettles. The Cosori has a powerful heating element that boils water in less than 5 minutes.
The kettle comes with a capacity of 0.8 liters. There are 5 pre-set temperatures that you can select by just pushing a sensitive button located at the front of the kettle’s base.
You can also press Hold Temp to maintain the temperature for an hour. The gooseneck design spout is leak-proof which gives you the perfect control of pouring and the flow of hot water.
The Cosori Gooseneck Kettle has a handle which gives your hands solid grip while your thumb is placed to balance the kettle while you pour.
- One-touch push button for the desired temperature for coffee or tea.
- With 5 variable pre-setting temperature.
- Comes in matte black.
- 2-year warranty on parts and services.
- Dishwasher safe.
- The spout is hard to clean.
The Bonavita Digital Variable Temperature Kettle offers the best deal in temperature control. You can control the temperature with an increment of 1 degree from 145F to 212F.
This precise temperature control will allow you to set the perfect heat for a certain kind of coffee grounds. The 1-liter capacity gooseneck kettle features a real-time temperature display and built-in timer so you can track down your boiling.
The unit uses 1,000 Watts of power so you won’t have to wait for long to heat the water. The Bonavita Digital Pour-over Kettle has a length of 11 inches, a width of 7 inches, and a height of 7.5 inches.
The small footprint makes the gooseneck kettle easy to store in your kitchen cabinet or just stays on the countertop without occupying much space.
- Let you keep the desired temperature for an hour.
- Made from brushed stainless steel
- Other parts are made from BPA-free plastic.
- The long and elongated spout enables hot water to flow smoothly.
- Uses 1,000 Watts of power.
5. OXO Brew Adjustable Temperature Electric Pour-Over Kettle
One of the best kettles with a thermometer is the OXO Brew Electric Pour-over Kettle. This amazing product is made from stainless steel and can hold 1 liter of water.
The OXO Brew is electric but the kettle is cord-free so you can remove the pot from the base which can swivel at 360 degrees. When you heat the water, you can adjust the temperature in 1-degree increment between 140 to 212F as this kettle has an integrated thermometer.
The long and narrow nicely-curved spout is customized to give you the right motion of pouring water into your pour-over. The smooth flow of water will create the perfect brew for your coffee.
- The handle is insulated with silicone to keep it cool to the touch.
- Has a built-in timer with a temperature guide.
- After 30 minutes of the “Keep Warm” cycle, it shuts off automatically.
- Energy and space savers.
- Offers just a 2-year limited warranty.
A gooseneck kettle is extremely nice to have at home or the office. But first, you gotta have a good grinder for your coffee grounds and then a great pour-over brewer to justify your urge of buying the best pour-over kettle.
You can have the best reason to provide the best tool to have the perfect temperature for your pour-over coffee. Why not do it the best way when you have the opportunity?
But on our part, we decided to buy what we think are two of the best pour-over kettles. We chose a stovetop one while the other is electrical.
The best for us is the Hario V60 Buono Gooseneck Coffee Kettle and the Bonavita 1.0L Digital Variable Temperature Gooseneck Kettle. But why buy two at the same time?
Well, for practical reasons; we can use the Hario Buono whenever we camp or visiting our relatives, while the Bonavita is left at home for our teenage kids to use.
- Best Home Espresso Machines
- French Press vs Pour Over: Differences, Which is better?
- Best French Press Coffee Makers Reviews
- The 10 Best Cappuccino Makers
- The 10 Best Nespresso Machines
- The 10 Best Keurig Coffee Makers
- Jura Coffee Machines Reviews: High-end Coffee Makers for Lavish Tastes
- 10 Best Single Serve Coffee Makers You Can’t Miss Out On