The best push mowers offer convenient features to spruce up your garden. So it’s only a matter of time when every house with a backyard will have one. If you’ve suffered enough using hand tools to trim thick grass, that’s sufficient reason to buy a push mower.
A push lawn mower comes with sturdy wheels, a side discharge chute, and a mulch bag. I have listed a variety of best push mowers. Such as gas, electric, and battery-powered. You will find it easier and faster to do backyard chores. So that littered and thick weeds never return. And your garden looks like it’s yours and not a dump.
Best Push Lawn Mower 2021
- 1. Greenworks 20-Inch Twin Force Cordless Lawn Mower
- 2. EGO Power 20-Inch Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn Mower
- 3. Poulan Pro PR500N21SH Briggs & Stratton Walk-Behind Mower
- 4. GreenWorks 12 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower 25022
- 5. Sun Joe MJ401E 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower
- 6. American Lawn Mower Company 50514 Electric Lawn Mower
- 7. Yard Machines 140CC Push Mower
- 8. American Lawn Mower 1204-14 4-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower
- 9. GreenWorks 40V Cordless Lawn Mower
- 10. Husqvarna LC221RH 160cc Honda Walk Behind Self-Propelled Mower
- Final Thoughts
1. Greenworks 20-Inch Twin Force Cordless Lawn Mower
The Greenworks Twin Force Cordless Lawn Mower is effective and user-friendly. It has a bright green design with a long and sturdy handle. It’s better than gas lawn mowers as it uses long-lasting batteries that are rechargeable.
- Light and easy to push.
- Excellent battery life and eco-friendly.
- Low noise with lithium-ion technology.
- It doesn’t mulch tall grass well.
- It takes longer to mow an entire lawn.
This best push mower has twin blades with SmartCut technology. Its SmartCut technology automatically cuts the grass in places that are hard-to-reach. It does this better than a string trimmer might around corners.
There’s hardly any vibrating or noise when using the mower. Despite being a powerful and stable push mower, it’s super quiet and energy-efficient. Other than charging the batteries, you don’t have to break an arm and a leg to maintain this mower.
And the fact that it’s cordless gives you better flexibility. The height adjustments also improve cutting speed and consistency.
2. EGO Power 20-Inch Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn Mower
The EGO Power Cordless Lawn Mower has a solid construction. It looks and feels superior in comparison to gas and corded lawn mowers. With lithium batteries, it stays for up to 55 minutes on a single charge. You would be able to lawn your entire backyard without having to recharge.
- Adjusting the height is comfortable and easy.
- Built-in fan to prevent battery overheating.
- It cuts tall and thick grass easily.
- It gets loud while charging.
The EGO Power Lawn Mower is popular for its user-friendliness. It’s one of the top-rated push mowers reviews for those who know very little about it. Its performance and design features are enough to last for years.
You can easily switch from mulching to bagging the leaves. It’s a simple-to-do and quick configuration. The same applies to adjust the height which takes less than a minute. Moreover, going from that to storage is a child’s play. It folds neatly and can be stored upright in any tight corner of the basement/garage.
If you use this best push mower correctly, it can transform the way your backyard looks with the long runtime, consistent power, and 3-in-1 configuration. All these features suit the needs of any home’s backyard.
3. Poulan Pro PR500N21SH Briggs & Stratton Walk-Behind Mower
The Poulan Pro Briggs & Stratton Mower is a quick and powerful one. It has a 21-inch cutting deck and a 2-in-1 deck design. You can adjust the height to 4 different levels. And the lightweight but powerful 140cc motor complements your every mowing need.
- Easy to discharge and mulch simultaneously.
- It ensures better growth by discharging grass clippings.
- Easy to assemble right out of the box.
- Some may find the cutting path if a bit narrow.
You won’t find a better walk-behind push mower than this. It’s a gas mower of its own special kind. Gas push mowers work for those who understand the key basics of using a lawn mower. Because it involves filling the oil in the engine with the help of a flex funnel.
But on this gas mower, things are a bit different. Assembling and taking care of this best push mower is a breeze. Filling the oil in the engine is a snap. So is cutting the grass with the help of its 21-inch cutting deck.
The operation is quick-to-start and runs smoothly. The deck is easy to turn and move around without applying too much pressure. Perfect for a quick spin around the backyard.
4. GreenWorks 12 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower 25022
The GreenWorks Corded Electric Lawn Mower is a fierce competitor. It is a high-quality push mower for cutting all grass lengths. It’s versatile and flexible in that it comes with 7 height adjustments and a holdable handle.
- It offers mulch, side, and bagging settings.
- Quick to assemble and fairly lightweight.
- It moves through thick grass quickly.
- The power cord gets in the way.
- The motor needs regular cleaning.
This electric-powered push mower offers unbeatable performance. It’s a go-getter in the world of shaving and mulching tall, thick, and stubborn grass. Thanks to its dependable motor and push-button start. It works right off the bat. And it doesn’t even need an extra pair of hands to operate.
There is a bit upkeep to this best push mower though. For starters, it needs an extension cord if you have a large lawn. However, the 20-inch deck size allows for easy navigation in hard-to-reach places. So it’s a win-win for someone looking for the best price value.
5. Sun Joe MJ401E 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower
The Sun Joe MJ401E Electric Lawn Mower meets the needs of a compact backyard. Sun Joe’s more substantial predecessors needed a more small-scale performer. Something suits the needs of those who don’t need to pay an exorbitant price for mowing their lawn.
- No carbon emissions or loud noise.
- Perfect for brisk mowing.
- The mower bad can tear easily.
It’s not hard to find the best push mowers for mowing your lawn. But not all of them work for you. Some are either too big to handle. While others are marked at really steep and starry-eyed prices. When in fact what you need is an affordable and compact push mower.
This electric and corded push lawn mower is the one for you. It handles everything including grass, pine cones, and large sticks. It takes care of grass and weeds that are really high. So after mowing what you’re left with is a clear and consistent plane.
People with slightly large backyards may also find this convenient to use. For the price, you can’t go wrong. It’s a lightweight and maneuverable push mower for regular use.
6. American Lawn Mower Company 50514 Electric Lawn Mower
Electric lawn mowers are perfect for plenty of reasons. And the American Lawn Mower Company offers an excellent deal on one of its models. This best push mower offers clean and effective performance. It helps homeowners maintain a crisp and trimmed backyard.
- Lightweight, maneuverable, and quick to assemble.
- It’s super quiet and doesn’t vibrate.
- The automatic on/off feature is energy-efficient.
- The catch bag is too small in size.
- The cord may be annoying for some.
There’s no need to be discouraged by an electric mower. It offers a range of exciting and useful features to look forward to. Such as its super lightweight construction and compact storage. I mean, for a homeowner who’s not used to such “fieldwork.” Using this best push mower would be a relief.
It has a height level adjustment setting from 1 to 5 positions. The grass catch bag, though it’s small, has a level indicator. So a full catch bag won’t catch you off guard especially if you’re in the middle of mowing your lawn.
It hardly takes a sweat out of you. The custom fit and lean cutting deck make the mowing feat easier and faster.
7. Yard Machines 140CC Push Mower
Are you tired of using manual garden tools to get the job done? A push lawn mower is much simpler and faster to use. Especially the Yard Machines Push Mower. It has lightweight and sturdy wheels. A convenient cleaning deck with 3 mowing heights. And it’s super valuable.
- It helps get out tricky spots.
- It pushes easy on thick and stubborn grass.
- The 7-inch wheels are easy to navigate.
- The lowest cutting setting is too slow and clumsy.
Compared to other affordable electric-powered push mowers, this one is a steal. It allows precise adjustability and lets you cut overgrown grass easily. I would recommend you to use this on the highest setting as it’s more effective.
The machine has a side discharge chute. This chute helps remove extra greens for maintaining a healthy and balanced lawn. The wheels are not at all heavy. So they won’t leave their print on the yard. The handle is easy to grab on to and maneuver around turns and tough spots.
8. American Lawn Mower 1204-14 4-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower
The American Lawn Mower is the absolute best push lawn mower. It has a unique cross-cutting scissor action cut. It’s lightweight and compact to push around. The tempered ball bearing reel ensures smooth and undisturbed maneuverability.
- Ideal for physically-challenged/autistic users.
- Easy to push forward and carry.
- It’s the perfect alternative to heavy-duty gas mowers.
- It doesn’t cut as accurately as a gas mower.
This is the ideal choice for you if you want something basic. Most people struggle with lawn mowers. They’re too heavy, noisy, they vibrate a lot, or they wake up the whole house! So you always have to fix up a time when nobody gets disturbed or agitated.
A lightweight and portable push lawn mower like this one is excellent. It’s a compact mower with constructive features. Easy and quick to assemble. Hardly any repair costs if you wish to use it for months and months.
You may not be cutting really thick and tall grass with this. But it does a good job of keeping your yard from looking like a dump. For some homeowners, that is more than enough.
9. GreenWorks 40V Cordless Lawn Mower
The GreenWorks Cordless Lawn Mower has a dual battery yard work system. It’s powerful, energy-efficient, and self-reliant. With its charger, it works to give you excellent and over-the-top mowing results.
- 3-in-1 bagging, mulching, and side charge features.
- Excellent and energy-efficient Li-Ion battery system.
- Easy to use, portable, and durable.
- It doesn’t mow tall grass properly.
The job of a push lawn mower is to make your work less. When it comes to clearing a path for new yard installation. Or setting up patio furniture to enjoy your own, personal version of a summer picnic. A handy, lightweight push lawn mower keeps things simple.
Especially the Greenworks Cordless Lawn Mower. It boils down complex mulching into a leisurely chore. It has sturdy and smooth wheels to support it. And to support you to get the job done in half the time!
It solves the problem of purchasing a separate charger. As it comes with its own 2 batteries and a charger. So this 3-in-1 push lawn mower is its own charging station.
10. Husqvarna LC221RH 160cc Honda Walk Behind Self-Propelled Mower
You’re highly likely to care about your backyard after using this. The Husqvarna Honda Self-Propelled Mower is a walk-behind push mower. It offers dual trigger drive performance. It’s fast, quiet, and energy-efficient. It’s time to beat out the no-longer-useful ways of yard clean-up.
- The rear ball-bearing wheels are sturdy.
- Easy to adjust height and speed.
- Mulching power lacks consistency.
The Husqvarna does everything simply. It cuts grass neat and clean. You can adjust the height of the wheels in seconds. And it comes with a foldable handle for portability and storage. It’s an ergonomic push mower that you won’t get enough out of.
The design is quick to manage. And it makes very little noise and vibrations. For big or small lawns, you won’t be able to do better than this self-prolled mower.
If you’re looking for a cost-effective mower, don’t look any further than this. It’s reliable, user-friendly, and long-lasting.
Each lawn mower has its own special quality. Like the Greenworks Twin Force Cordless Lawn Mower which is zippy and heavy-duty. It gives you that extra muscle you need to clean the messiest of gardens. And one of the best ways to handle a mower is by propelling it forward.
That is why push mowers are so top-of-the-line and superior. Having the engine and cleaning deck in front of you gives you better control. You can steer it through the hardest-to-reach corners and near edges.
The possibilities of the best push mower are endless. So are the types and models of the best push lawn mowers you can buy. To select the best of the best, read this article and its detailed reviews.