Your kitchen counter might already be crowded with multiple appliances, and the last thing you want is two more electronics to make it worse. However, what if the two most used electronics were combined into one? A toaster oven is perfect for those of you who like to have a hassle-free and straightforward cooking experience.
There is a toaster oven specific to every purpose. You can find one specialized for baking, the best for those with a small budget, a larger sized one or a mini oven. You name it! You just need to understand what you need from such a machine, and soon you’ll be busy in the kitchen baking and preparing scrumptious treats for your loved ones.
The wide variety of toaster ovens on the market can leave one confused and in need of guidance. So, we’re here to help.
Here are our top picks for the best toaster ovens
- BREVILLE BOV845BKSUSC (OUR TOP PICK)
- Cuisinart TOB-195
- Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Oven
- Oster Digital Convection Toaster Oven
- Breville Compact Smart Oven
Our list has the best 10 toaster ovens on the market.
- 1. Best overall: BREVILLE BOV845BKSUSC smart pro countertop toaster
- 2. Best Convection Toaster Oven: BREVILLE 8OV800XL
- 3. Best small-sized toaster oven: Cuisinart TOB-195
- 4. Best Large-sized toaster oven: Oster French Convection and countertop toaster oven
- 5. Best for the money: Black + Decker 4-slice toaster oven with natural convection
- 6. Best countertop toaster oven: CALPHALON Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven
- 7. Best by Cuisinart: Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef’s convection toaster
- 8. Best by Panasonic: Panasonic NBG110P Toaster Oven FlashXpress
- 9. Best Digital Toaster Oven: KitchenAid KCO211BM digital countertop toaster oven
- 10. Best for baking pizza: Nostalgia RTOV220RETRORED 12-Slice Convection toaster
1. Best overall: BREVILLE BOV845BKSUSC smart pro countertop toaster
BREVILLE BOV845BKSUSC smart pro countertop toaster comes from one of the most prestigious brands in the world of kitchen electronics. It’s sleek and stylish design coupled with its extraordinary working capabilities, makes it the best overall from a variety of products on the market.
- It adjusts the settings to the right temperatures and time, depending on the configuration you chose.
- The interior oven lights allow one to see the food cook through (properly).
- It has 10 pre-set cooking settings that take all the guesswork out of cooking.
- It features a slow cook function which automatically turns on to keep your food warm once the slow cook cycle is complete.
- It has an excellent design and sleek structure.
- It can be quite expensive for some.
- The convection fan is a bit noisy.
Equipped with multiple functions which doesn’t make it an easy-to-operate machine; which is perhaps the most significant issue people just starting with baking have to face.
This machine is equipped with advanced features like pre-set settings, which takes all the guesswork out of. You just have to put your food inside and select a suitable setting without tampering with the temperature or time measurements.
The slow-cook feature is a lifesaver as your food will remain warm throughout the time it is inside, even after the slow cook cycle has completed. You no longer have to worry about re-heating it.
The machine doesn’t only perform well but is gorgeous to look at as well. The sleek and stylish design, paired with exceptional functionality makes it an excellent investment.
However, one thing to keep in mind is that the convection fan featured in this unit makes a lot of noise while operating. Furthermore, the price point, even though it is justified, is still on the higher end.
There is a good reason that out of all the products this item made it to our best overall category. There is just a little that isn’t great about this toaster oven. It helps make cooking and cleaning up afterward easier, and thus, it’s a worthy investment. Overall, it is a very wholesome product worthy of the hefty price tag.
2. Best Convection Toaster Oven: BREVILLE 8OV800XL
If you’re in search of the best convection toaster oven from a prestigious brand, then the BREVILLE 8OV800XL is your next best friend. It features an incredibly sophisticated and sleek design to back up the excellent functionality of this item.
- Featured element Q delivers the right power at the right time when adjusted according to needs.
- It features a total of nine functions to choose from such as toast, bagel, bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies, reheat and warm.
- The machine is well-lit and easy to read. The LCD changes from blue to orange when the product is baking for better clarity.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- It is powered by 1800 W and 5 Quartz elements.
- It is a bit expensive.
- It doesn’t have a clock.
With an array of settings to choose from, this product by BREVILLE is genuinely a delight to own. You can choose from a total of nine options, and, similar to our first item, this one takes the guesswork out of baking, too. You no longer need to worry about figuring out the correct temperature and time to choose for the food because it has it pre-set for you. You simply need to select a suitable setting.
Another great part of this product is how easy it is to operate. Even though it is versatile and carries multiple features, it is effortless to operate, especially for a newbie.
Furthermore, the sleek design adds to the overall appeal of this product. This item will serve as a treat for the eyes, sitting on your countertop!
However, do take note that this product can be quite expensive. It may not be suitable for those that are working with a budget. But if you can save up and want to splurge on a reliable item, this one is a good choice.
Investing in a product from a reliable brand ensures a responsive customer plan. It gives you a better idea of the quality you can expect as well as provides you with a great warranty program. BREVILLE is another one of these brands. This unit is one of their masterpieces, given its operational capabilities and sleek design. It truly is a worthy investment.
3. Best small-sized toaster oven: Cuisinart TOB-195
Not everyone is in search of a huge toaster oven. A lot of people prefer having a small toaster oven. It gets the job done while saving space. The Cuisinart TOB-195 is the best small toaster oven in the market for multiple reasons, including its functionality and design.
- It can be used for a variety of functions including bake, broil, reheat, defrost, bagel, etc.
- It has an easy to clean interior, which makes cleaning time efficient.
- Features an electronic touchpad, clocks, and timers to give you more control over how to operate this item.
- It is compact and helps you save space.
- The shade control setting features a heat sensor that maintains a precise temperature throughout the cooking process.
- Metal lip on the door heats up too much and might burn your hand.
- The crumb tray needs to be accessed through the back.
Not everyone cooks for many people. Thus, for those of you who are only in need of a small-sized toaster oven, to cook smaller portions, Cuisinart has manufactured the perfect model.
The execution of the design featured in this unit is flawless. It isn’t the most expensive product, yet is sturdy and durable. Don’t let the compact size fool you as this product is heavy-duty and performs well.
This product is highly versatile and can be used to bake, broil, reheat, defrost, and perform many other functions you would expect from a toaster and an oven without any problem.
However, one needs to be careful when taking out food from this electronic item. It’s better to wear mittens as the metal lip does get too hot. Brushing your hand against this item can’t (entirely) be avoided when taking the tray out. This can be dangerous and might burn your bare hand.
This product is targeted toward those of you looking to invest in a compact-sized product. The manufacturing brand of this product is one of the best operating in the market. They are well-known and well-regarded for creating quality products. This unit functions perfectly and is true to its claims. It is, overall, an excellent investment.
4. Best Large-sized toaster oven: Oster French Convection and countertop toaster oven
The size of the oven you want needs to matter a lot when you decide to invest in one. For those of you who have been looking to invest in a large toaster oven, this one by Oster French is truly a magical product. It is highly functional and is sophisticated and elegant despite the considerable size.
- You don’t need to open both doors as opening a single door with one hand will open the other door as well.
- This unit has incredible storage capacity and can accommodate two 16-inch pizzas.
- Digital controls provide very precise temperature and cooking time readings; taking out room for any errors.
- It houses two racks that provide maximum cooking flexibility.
- The 90-minute timer comes with a signal which turns the oven off automatically.
- The buttons require a little more pressure to push.
- One can burn themself from the oven door if not handled carefully.
This product truly is a beast. In all the meaning of that term! This unit is exceptionally spacious. You can easily bake (approximately) two sixteen-inch pizzas simultaneously in this unit.
It accommodates two racks which give a little more flexibility when cooking. Furthermore, you can get it to a very precise temperature and time to bake. Having such readings leaves no room for errors. Isn’t this a dream come true for those of you that are all about strictly following a recipe?
However, there are certain things about the design of this unit which can be improved. The buttons are hard to press and require a little more effort in doing so.
Moreover, the doors, if not opened all the way, start to close on their own, which can cause one to burn their hand. Thus, caution is essential with this unit.
All in all, this product is a great investment. There is so much the company has managed to perfect as far as the design is concerned, taking into account the size. It truly is well constructed, as far as toaster oven go, and performs exceedingly well when compared to other large-sized counterparts. This product is highly worthy of your investment.
5. Best for the money: Black + Decker 4-slice toaster oven with natural convection
Not everyone can spend hundreds of dollars on a toaster oven. That’s why, for those of you who are on a tight budget and want to make the most of it, the Black + Decker 4-slice toaster oven with natural convection is the way to go! You get a highly functional product with this unit, and that too at a great price point.
- Features natural convection technology which allows hot air to be circulated throughout the oven for even and faster results.
- It features 4 settings (namely): bake, broil, toast, and keep warm.
- A bake pan and rack are included with the oven which fits perfectly into it.
- This unit is spacious enough to accommodate 4 bread slices or a nine-inch pizza.
- It comes with a 30-minute timer that stays on for precise cooking.
- The rack should be a little higher.
- The timing range is very narrow.
This machine is truly a great purchase. There aren’t many good quality options in the market for such a budgetary range. This offers 4 settings for you to choose from.
It comes with a bake pan and rack. Both of them fit perfectly in the oven. That’s why you don’t need to spend any extra money on getting them separately.
However, this unit could use a few improvements to make it more ergonomic. If the rack were slightly higher, it would allow for better and even cooking of the food. Furthermore, the timing range doesn’t offer many options as it is very narrow.
Overall, it would be sufficing to say that this unit is honestly a steal for those on a budget. With the raised oven toaster prices (involving certain models), you won’t find a better deal, if a small budget is a concern. For being so decently priced, this unit works better than many of the expensive models. And that’s great for you!
6. Best countertop toaster oven: CALPHALON Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven
if you don’t want an array of electronics on your countertop, this product can be a great option to opt for. The CALPHAON Quartz heat Countertop toaster oven allows one to have a great variety provided by a single electronic item.
- It comes with multiple included accessories such as a baking pan, pizza pan, dehydrator rack, and a wire rack.
- It is spacious enough to accommodate a 12-inch pizza.
- The high contrast LED provides great control over all the features.
- It features 11-preset cooking functions, including bake, pizza, broil, roast, defrost, etc.
- The Quartz heating element delivers 40 percent greater heat and allows faster preheating.
- The controls can be tricky to navigate.
- The cord is short.
This unit is a medium-sized product. It isn’t very spacious but can house a 12-inch pizza. The best part about this unit is the versatility it offers in terms of settings. It gives you 11 settings, which is far higher than most products on the market. The versatility it provides, combined with the excellent design, makes it a great option.
A possible downside to this unit is that some button needs to be pushed in conjunction to another button so the correct setting works which is an added, unnecessary step that further complicates things.
Overall, the CALPHAON Quartz heat Countertop toaster oven is an excellent investment. In spite, of having an array of electronics and accessories on your countertop, you just need this one product which functions better than most higher-end products.
7. Best by Cuisinart: Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef’s convection toaster
Cuisinart is an incredible brand that features some of the best products on the market. All of their units are special, but the Cuisinart TOB-260N1 has a special place with us on this list. This unit looks great and is highly functional.
- This unit can accommodate a 13-inch pizza or a 9 by 13 baking pan.
- It features 15 different cooking functions.
- Has digital controls with large blue backlit and LED buttons.
- The rack is highly convenient and automatically slides out.
- It contains an even toast shade to allow even, seamless cooking.
- The labels on the button rub off easily.
- The door exterior gets slightly hot.
This unit is useful for multiple reasons. Firstly, it offers a wide array of cooking settings which are more than most toaster ovens offers.
Secondly, this unit is exceptionally well built and looks great. It functions tremendously well, allowing even distribution of heat and great cooking results.
However, a few design improvements would make it the perfect toaster oven. The labels rub off the button way too early after moderate use, which isn’t ideal. Furthermore, the door does get a bit hot. So, it’s recommended you use oven gloves, or mittens.
All in all, this unit is a good investment. If you want to place your trust in a brand and make a safe bet, then the Cuisinart TOB-260N1 is the perfect choice for you. You can’t go wrong with this unit.
8. Best by Panasonic: Panasonic NBG110P Toaster Oven FlashXpress
Panasonic is a brand that has been around for ages and has earned the trust of many people globally for providing top quality electronics. The Panasonic NBG110P toaster oven FlashXpress is the best toaster oven by the brand in the market.
- High-efficiency quartz and ceramic infrared heating elements are positioned in the front and back to allow even distribution of heat.
- It provides a very precise temperature control.
- The see-through glass is highly resilient and allows you to pull the rack out safely.
- It is sleek and stylish.
- Easy to use.
- Can’t bake for longer than 25 minutes.
- The included toaster pan is not the best quality and would require lining.
Panasonic products are some of the best in the market. This one beats may others, given its sleek design and high functionality.
This product doesn’t have a lot wrong with it, which makes it a great addition to your kitchen. It doesn’t only look great but functions well too.
A possible improvement for this unit would be to broaden the timer settings, so it allows for longer baking.
Overall, this is another incredibly worthy investment. Upon purchase, there’s a high chance, the Panasonic NBG110P toaster oven FlashXpress will become the favorite toaster oven you’ve used.
9. Best Digital Toaster Oven: KitchenAid KCO211BM digital countertop toaster oven
If you are in search of a digital toaster, then the KitchenAid KCO211BM digital countertop toaster oven is a great option. This unit features a lovely design and functions exceptionally well to enhance your cooking experience.
- It has 9 preset cooking settings. They include bake, broil, toast, etc.
- Non-stick interior allows for easy cleaning of this unit.
- The digital display is easy to read.
- Easy to use.
- Excellent design and exterior.
- Changing time settings mid-way is a hassle.
- Not the most spacious unit.
For those of you who have been in search of a reliable digital toaster oven, this product can be a game-changer for you. It is mid-ranged yet features some settings that are common to much higher-end products. The quality and construction of the unit are great.
However, it could be made even better if it allowed the user to change the time settings while cooking a food item.
Overall, it makes for a good investment for you to look into. Most buyers were incredibly happy upon purchasing the KitchenAid KCO211BM digital countertop toaster oven and applauded its great design and high-quality functionality.
10. Best for baking pizza: Nostalgia RTOV220RETRORED 12-Slice Convection toaster
Baking a pizza is a tricky job. Having the right tool is crucial to achieving the best possible pizza everyone loves. The Nostalgia RTOV222RETRORED 12-slice convection toaster oven is your best bet when it comes to such a matter.
- It has a 0.7 cubic foot capacity.
- It features four heating settings.
- This unit has a 60-minute timer.
- The temperature is adjustable.
- The clear glass allows for a better view of the food.
- The racks are hard to pull out.
- The numbers aren’t large enough to view clearly.
This unit is a must-have for those of you who want to make the perfect pizza at home. You can get a restaurant-like pizza with this model when used correctly.
It looks great and works even better. The temperature has a wide range to choose from. The time setting isn’t limiting either; thus, you can employ it to bake a variety of foods easily as well.
However, the racks are not easy to pull out. They also need to be handled with care; otherwise, one might end up damaging the machine if greater force is employed to take the racks out.
All in all, this unit is worthy of the price tag. Nostalgia RTOV222RETRORED 12-slice convection toaster oven functions exceedingly well in baking the perfect pizza with an even distribution of heat for seamless cooking.
- 5 Best Bread Machines with Versatile Features
- The 10 Best Masticating Juicers
- What are the Best Food Processors 2020? (Top 5 Food Processor Reviews)
- The Best Microwaves You’ll Enjoy to Use
- The 10 Best Soda Makers – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
- The best immersion blender
Source: Best Toaster Ovens of May 2021: Comparisons, AI Consumer Report, and Reviews, Homeer.com; May 27, 2021.