Coffee is one of the most loved beverages across the globe. Some people like this beverage so much that that, their day starts from the kick of its caffeine, and they keep having coffee throughout the day to keep themselves rejuvenated.
The coffee drinkers can smell the aroma of the coffee and tell the make of it, without even sipping it. A good cup of coffee is the product of a good coffee maker machine and a good coffee bean grinder. Having a good coffee bean grinder will ensure you an evenly ground coffee powder, which results in the consistent taste of your coffee. So, it is essential to know what type of grinder would be the best for us.
There are two types of coffee bean grinders available in the market, One is the burr grinder and the second is the blade grinder. Both models have their pros and cons, and it depends on the individual in which one of the two suits him.
It is based on your requirements and usage of the grinder, which would differentiate the usage of the two. For example, whether you want it for personal or commercial purposes or the frequency of the usage of the grinder. You will have to consider all such aspects to decide the type of grinder which is best for you.
There are several coffee maker machines available in the market which offer both types of coffee bean grinders, burr, and blade. Capresso is one of the leading coffee appliances makers, known globally for making all kinds of coffee makers, grinders, etc. Today we will be reviewing the burr grinder of this famous company and see how good is the Capresso burr grinder.
So sit back with a cup of freshly brewed coffee and enjoy the review.
Capresso Infinity Burr Grinder
Burr grinders are one of the best coffee bean grinders available in the market. The advantage of having a Capresso burr grinder is that it grinds the coffee beans evenly or of uniform size. Which, in turn, will provide you with a consistent taste in your coffee.
The infinity burr grinders are well-known to provide a fineness to the coffee powder made from the beans. On the other hand, a blade grinder will not be able to give such fineness to the coffee beans as it may grind them unevenly.
Why Is It Best for Beginners?
First, it is inexpensive. The Capresso Infinity will give you most of the features you require from an entry-level grinding machine at a pocket-friendly cost. The conical burr which the machine uses is made up of steel and has stepped adjustment. So even the newcomers in the field of grinding can learn how to customize their grind for the optimal results
Whenever we talk about coffee grinders, the first thing that comes to our mind is the quality of the coffee grounds after the grinding process is done. With the help of a steel burr grinder, Capresso’s Infinity coffee bean grinder munches coffee beans with ease.
- Sure the grinding takes time, but in truth, it’s a great advantage. As lower the RPM of the grinders will have a lesser chance of coffee ground to get static charge and stick on the sides of the machine.
- In addition to this, with lower RPM you don’t have to worry about your beans getting burned as the friction will be less and your beans get some ideal time to rest while the other beans were in between the burr grinders.
- One more advantage the lower RPM gives to the infinity burr grinder is to perform the grinding process while remaining extremely quiet. In terms of automatic grinder, we must say we couldn’t find any other grinder which can be so smooth.
- The Capresso burr grinder provides 16 stepped settings along with a timed dial which allows you to start your grind with perfect timing.
- Moreover, these sixteen stepped settings are divided into four significant categories starting from Coarse, then medium, the third one is fine, and the last one is extra fine.
- The dialer has a 1-10 setting which in general works as a reference when taking the timed dosage. During the extra-fine grind, there is less number of coffee beans passing through burr in comparison to coarse. So you need to try some hit and trial for the first few grinds to get familiar with the machine.
Consistency of Grind
Talking about the coarse end, the grind is admittedly not great. This is due to the fact the machine doesn’t have much setting options for a coarse grind. If you are using a french press, you might not get the best of your coffee beans.
Now coming to fine grind. The burr grinder does shine with its consistency. But truth to be told, it isn’t fine enough to give you a nice shot of espresso without using the pressurized portafilter.
The medium-range can easily pull great coffee grinding for pour-over and drip brewer. As a result, if you are one with the pour-over and drip coffee machine, you will surely get the best of aromas and flavors from your coffee beans without any problem.
Both the stainless steel and the plastic model of Capresso Infinity burr grinder are durable and will surely last for more than 3-4 years even if you use them daily. Also, according to our tests and research, we think you don’t need to worry about the warranty as it is unlikely you’ll ever need it.
The Hard Truth
Capresso is currently selling two models in the market. The infinity and infinity plus but their difference is mere of $10, and you can find the same feature in the lower end with just a difference between bean hopper. We conclude you can buy any of these as they both get the job done and are quite competitive models when it comes to entry-level grinding market.
Capresso Infinity Burr Grinder
Capresso Infinity Plus Conical Burr Grinder
So, guys, this was all about the Capresso burr grinder. We have done thorough market research, taken reviews from the users of this machine and also the producers, and then only have we presented you with this review of ours. Capresso burr grinder is one of the most availed and best-selling coffee bean grinders online as well as offline. It is known for the quality of its products and excellent working.
We hope you guys have enjoyed reading this article of ours. We hope you are now clear about your requirements and preferences for buying a burr coffee grinder. We would love to hear your comments and suggestions on this review, and we also welcome positive criticism so that we can incorporate them into our future articles. We will be back with such articles and reviews of things that you would like to know. Till then, Happy Brewing!!!