If you want more luxury in brewing your coffee every, the Jura coffee machines make a lot of difference. With impressive features unlike any other coffee makers, the high-end Jura brewers are considered smart coffee machines with all its exemplary functions and amazing traits.
Comparing Jura vs. De’Longhi, especially the price, puts the latter at the tail end. But each brand has its loyal followings and features that put one over the other.
Distinct qualities of Jura coffee machines
Jura coffee makers are a product of ingenious Swiss high-tech innovation, exceptional aesthetics, optimal operation, and the barista-quality brews.
But what makes Jura the ‘Ferrari’ of coffee makers?
Most Jura coffee machines feature advanced brewing technologies such as the Aroma+ Grinder, CLARIS Filtering System, IPBAS (Intelligent Pre-Brew Aroma System), PEP (Pulse Extraction Process), and the Fine Foam Technology, and other distinct innovations. And what do you know?
Some of Jura’s smart coffee machines can be controlled from your smartphone, and we will review them here.
Our Top 5 Picks for the Jura coffee machines:
- JURA Z8 Automatic Coffee Machine
- Jura 15075 Automatic Coffee Machine J90
- Jura 15089 GIGA W3 Professional Automatic Coffee Machine, Silver
- Jura E8 Piano Black Automatic Coffee Machine
- Jura 15145 Automatic Coffee Machine WE8, Chrome
Here are 11 of the best Jura coffee makers where each may feature one or more of the advanced brewing technologies mentioned above.
- 1. Jura Impressa J6 15150 Coffee Machine
- 2. Jura 13623 Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Machine, Aluminum
- 3. Jura Z6 15093 Automatic Coffee Machine, Aluminum
- 4. Jura 13626 ENA Micro 1 Automatic Coffee Machine
- 5. Jura 15066 Automatic Coffee Machine Giga 5
- 6. Jura 16367 IMPRESSA XJ9 Automatic Coffee Machine
- 7. JURA Z8 Automatic Coffee Machine
- 8. Jura 15075 Automatic Coffee Machine J90
- 9. Jura 15145 Automatic Coffee Machine WE8
- 10. Jura 15116 ENA Micro 90 Espresso Machine
- 11. Jura 15068 IMPRESSA C65 Automatic Coffee Machine
1. Jura Impressa J6 15150 Coffee Machine
If you’re not yet impressed with Jura C60 or C65, wait until you see the Impressa J6. Jura describes this coffee monster ‘one of the most attractive ways of expressing good taste’. And they are right.
The J6’s unparalleled design aesthetics and top-of-the-line technological advancements make it one of Jura’s most impressive coffee machines. J6 features some of the high-tech touches Jura is widely-known for, such as the Pulse Extraction Process (PEP), Aroma+ grinder, and the TFT display rotary selection.
You can also control J6 from your smartphone via an App. As another Jura innovation, the J6 has an optional accessory known as the Smart Connect Bluetooth adapter and can be used together with a Wi-Fi signal.
- Described by some coffee lovers as the machine of the future.
- Option to control via a smartphone App.
- A purchase includes CLEARYL smart I.W.S. filter cartridge.
- It is still easy to operate even though more advanced.
- With an optional cool control milk cooler but with an added cost.
- The optional Smart Connect Bluetooth is another added cost to buyers.
2. Jura 13623 Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Machine, Aluminum
If you want one of the most expensive Jura Coffee Makers and at the same time you are seeking the best investment for your business, the Jura Giga 5 becomes cheaper for you. The Giga 5 features more of Jura’s high-tech innovations; such as the IPBAS, FFT, energy-saving mode, color display, and rotary switch, and the 12 pre-programmed specialty coffee beverages.
The Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Machine also features two electronically adjustable ceramic disc grinders which both operate soundlessly. Moreover, the machine has dual spouts with four outlets and two boilers.
If you are being enslaved by the endless promises of high-end coffee shops and you are spending a fortune every day just to taste its espresso and other coffee drinks, investing in Giga 5 actually saves you a lot of money per year.
- Ideal for upscale coffee shop owners.
- Brews 2 specialty coffees at the same time.
- Coffee shop quality brew.
- Prepares perfect specialty coffee at any time.
- Quick and easy to brew even simultaneously.
- One of the most expensive Jura models.
3. Jura Z6 15093 Automatic Coffee Machine, Aluminum
If you want a commercial-grade coffee machine with a medium price compared to other high-end Jura models, the Jura Z6 might fit your budget. The Jura Z6 15093 Automatic Coffee Machine with a terrific aesthetics and has one of the state-of-the-art designs among other Jura coffee makers.
The Z6 features Pulse Extraction Process (PEP) that assures quality extraction of unique aroma and flavors. It has a built-in grinder that yields the finest grounds.
Moreover, the Jura Z6 also features the top-of-the-line nozzle technology that ensures a fine and compact milk foam the way you like it.
To make operation easier even for newbie coffee fanatics, all controls are located in the front panel.
- Water reservoir capacity is 81.2 ounces.
- Coffee bean hopper can hold 9.9 ounces.
- With a Professional Aroma type of grinder.
- Touch of a button operation.
- So easy to use despite being high-tech.
- Brewing units are non-removable.
- Maintenance and cleaning are not as easy as you think.
4. Jura 13626 ENA Micro 1 Automatic Coffee Machine
Not all coffee machines from Jura are expensive. For the best budget Jura coffee maker, the best alternative is the minimalist Jura ENA Micro 1.
With the simplest design and nothing fancy about its operation and features, the ENA Micro 1 is a perfect home brewer for a barista-like espresso. The ENA comes with a built-in grinder so you never have to buy a separate unit.
The one-touch operation of Jura ENA can make 3 coffee shop quality specialty coffees (such as Ristretto, espresso, and your favorite regular blend coffee). The built-in conical burr grinder is multilevel which can finely grind whole beans.
- Water tank capacity is 37 ounces.
- Bean hopper capacity is 7 ounces.
- Compact, lightweight, and portable.
- Easy to use control panel.
- A single-serve coffee machine.
- Small bean hopper.
5. Jura 15066 Automatic Coffee Machine Giga 5
Buying a Jura 5 is truly a worthwhile investment. This Jura 15066 is a commercial quality machine at a retail price. It makes a great coffee – from espresso to foam and steam lattes.
- Two different coffee bean bins.
- Hopper set-up is great.
- Temperature setting water does not get sufficiently hot.
- Coffee ground bean is a bit small.
The great thing about this coffee center is the ability to blend decaf with caffeinated beans.
That means you can fill one bowl with decaf and another bowl with caffeinated beans and set the grinder for 50% from each pot.
The coffee has a very exquisite crema, and unlike cheaper super automatics, it doesn’t have a bitter or acidic taste, it goes down very smooth.
The added options for so many different types of coffee is excellent; everyone in our home prefers a different kind.
The ability to make 2 cups at the same time is a real time-saver in the morning.
The cleaning of this machine is pretty easy; many parts of the device are designed to be taken apart with minimal effort.
As for internal cleanings such as the tubes and milk/coffee spouts, the machine has a rinsing program which allows the device to wash.
You do, however, need to empty the water tray and coffee bean bin after everything is done.
6. Jura 16367 IMPRESSA XJ9 Automatic Coffee Machine
It’s a great machine, it runs silently, efficiently to create an AWESOME coffee.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Large water reservoir and capacity for the ground.
- Separate hot water tap.
- No milk container.
While the price is excellent, and the machine looks brand-new.
It can’t be denied that this machine has a bright, symmetrical design with sophisticated chrome-plated bean container and brilliant silver finish add a touch of charisma.
It creates perfect latte macchiato, cappuccino, café crème, espresso and ristretto at the touch of a button, with or without milk.
7. JURA Z8 Automatic Coffee Machine
The Jura Z8 isn’t just a caffeine delivery system. It’s a way of life.
- Fully automated.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Consistent quality.
- Remote access with a smartphone.
- Big footprint needs more counter space.
The Jura Z8 comes with sleek and fascinating design and curvature.
It’s also the first Jura coffee machine that supports Jura Operating Experience (J.O.E.) both for iOS and Android app in the U.S.
It gives you various drink options delivered quickly and café-quality.
It has a touchscreen display that saves your time than using buttons, knobs, dials, and switches.
With this touchscreen control panel, you can easily select the coffee drink you wish to have and make a change in the parameters using your fingertips. Easy, swift, and efficient.
The machine comes with a 2.4L water tank with soft blue light illumination, plus a filter cartridge that is easily accessible to the side of it.
There’s a dedicated hot water spout near the height- and width-adjustable dual coffee spouts. It has an adjustable cup platform with a drip tray right below it.
The machine will automatically go to the programmed self-cleaning cycle before it presents the coffee options on the touchscreen display.
8. Jura 15075 Automatic Coffee Machine J90
This Jura coffee machine will bring you so much better coffee than Starbucks.
- Easy to use and maintain.
- Some parts are plastic.
The main difference between the Jura J90 and IMPRESSA lies in design. The Jura J90 breaks with Jura’s signature shiny, black bean-to-cup one-touch coffee machine with their understated silver model.
This machine is a powerhouse for a real coffee aficionado. It is also made with high-quality materials set it apart.
You won’t be disappointed with the removable brew unit putting the control in your hands by not having to send the device in for service like others.
Ultimately, you definitely will receive a fabulous tool built to last and sure to find a place in the family.
9. Jura 15145 Automatic Coffee Machine WE8
We love this item, it is a fantastic super-automatic espresso machine, easy to set up and take care of and the taste is excellent.
- Easy to use, clean and maintain.
- Consistent quality.
This item is a great high volume machine. It holds a lot of coffee and water.
What t we suppose some people don’t like but are necessary, is the constant rinsing.
It rinses itself when you turn it on, off, 10 min after each milk drink, etc. Don’t make a cup and leave it to sit! You’ll get rinse water in it. It makes great coffee.
Some people complained about the temp, just let it warm up a few minutes before using.
It is entirely well worth the price you pay.
10. Jura 15116 ENA Micro 90 Espresso Machine
It’s a sweet/compact design, easy to clean, easy to use, and makes a great taste coffee. It’s suitable for long-time drinkers and heavy coffee drinkers.
- Self-clean function.
- The water bucket is small.
Skillful coffee and espresso maker for a household with a low number of daily users as the name implies this is a small size appliance so frequent touches to fill water well, empty spent grounds, and fill bean grinder are necessary.
The grinding and brewing process in the machine is excellent, but some experimentation with beans may be needed to find your favorite taste.
You don’t need to purchase the milk canister. The drip tray fills up quickly, but the unit will prompt you to empty it.
11. Jura 15068 IMPRESSA C65 Automatic Coffee Machine
Initially, you are shocked by the price. However, like us, you have since been more surprised by how good of a cup of coffee it continues to produce and the reliability and durability.
This machine is fantastic and works great. Very easy to use and maintain.
- High-pressure pump.
- Easily adjustable coffee strength.
- Simple one switch operation.
- Convenient height-adjustable spout.
- The milk frother is not hot enough.
- A little louder.
This machine hands down beat them both for the quality of the coffee, it is far easier to clean up than the French press, and costs/wastes less compared to the Keurig.
Crema on espresso is beneficial. Even if you use a roast that is not dark and oily, you still get a delicious espresso. It’s fast enough if you make it for a bunch of people.
The control of the coffee strength and the volume adjustment is especially impressive.
Controls are easy to use; the left button is surrounded by touch-screen-like buttons – super cool.
There is a beans hopper on the right side and a hopper for pre-ground coffee at the top which can be used to brew a cup of a different coffee.
Unlike most other machines, you can’t get to the inside mechanisms to clean them out. It cleans automatically before and after each use.
We find the Jura Z6 as one of the best home coffee makers despite its hefty price. The Pulse Extraction Process (PEP) and the innovative nozzle technology intrigued the most.
And not only that, as we admire these unique Swiss innovations, the rewards are astounding.
For us, these are the two best Jura coffee machines that we expect both to last more than a lifetime.